Pages

Saturday 7 May 2011

HAPPY NATIONAL SCRAPBOOKING DAY...FROM SONJA...

It's National Scrapbooking Day and to celebrate we have a lovey LO from Sonja...



Hi all


I have loved this new kit I have done this LO and have almost finished another already. I also got a fab frame that I have an idea for percolating in my head.I hope you're having a Happy National Scrapbooking Day wherever you are and are doing something creative and messy that makes you smile.


This LO is from my latest Simply Create DT kit and it was full of yummy Crate Neighbourhood papers. This is also a May LO for Document 2011. I'm managing the LOs fine but the pockets are another problem that I need to catch up with.We had a fabulous weekend last weekend when the schools were off. The weather held and it was better than some summer days we get. We spent three hours just playing at Haddo. I wanted to record a fab day and the papers suited the photo. The base is Vanilla cardstock. I then used Garden as the base with the brown ledger side. I then cut a smaller square of Friendly with the striped side for the photo to sit on. I also handcut the quilt side as a border from the Friendly paper.


I hand cut some of the flowers from the floral side of Garden as embellishments. I'm not big on florals on boys LOs but I think they worked well here, probably as they are funky with a hand doodled quality. The buttons are from the Neighbourhood Eclectic button set. I used a Maya Road cloud and sun chipboard shapes I had as templates to cut shapes from the papers to accent the title. I inked all the edges with Walnut Stain Distress ink. The only additions were the alphas the title is a Pink Paislee one and the little yellow alpha is Cosmo Cricket.


So pop along to see Jacqui as there is also lush new Glitz Afternoon Muse papers, Tilda fabrics and loads more in.


TFL.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kirsti, I love this creation, absolutely gorgeous.

    hugs from Brazil:)

    ReplyDelete